Saturday, May 29, 2010

General Updates.. May 2010.. happening month

It's been happening month of May.. as I had some few important dates to cherish in my life.

Moving to new project

After six years in the program supporting critical business application for our organization, I moved out to another group within the same company to part of the team that supports BI tools for an important client.

Apprehensive while joining the previous team (yeah now it's prev team :( ) in 2004 June end but the team which gave me platform to showcause my capabilities, which may not be in cutting edge technologies or innovation, but gradual understanding of my capability, my business acumen, managerial jargons or practical management actions, etc have indeed blossomed and made me a rounded IT professional. These years made me moving laterally into managerial roles coupled with technical mentoring and understanding the realities of big organization and the mantra of being agile even when you are large.

In early 2006, we had to start building a team with varied skill sets; What an experience it turned out to be. The team was built in quick time as the faster absorption of the work was vital factor in that time. Every individual came onbaord was unique but to our fortunate times, they jelled with the team in jiffy.

I miss our coffee talk sessions in evening as 15+ people troop into cafeteria and take coffee/ tea / juices for health consicious and sit on water pipes in a long queue. Those sessions were major ice-breakers and helped the team understand each other activities in more informal way.

The best part of the team is that leadership was transparent in any aspect of running the team. The team was first to know the strategies, objectives and policy decisions whichever can be shared with the team. I felt privileged that I was in middle of the leaderhsip and individuals of the team. Some say these roles are like punching bag but I wasn't privy to experience that.

There were ups and downs but the team understood the realities of cost optimization, agility, efficiency and also almost all in the team grew out of their roles to be higher platform than when we started the team.

To fulfil one's wishlist or ambitions, you need a change and I had to take decision of moving into different and more challenging role than the current one. The decision was well supported by all in team and they were happy that I am pursuing my wish and not the forced change in some of the cases.

The guys were with heavy heart while doing the farewell but gave me heavy gift box and it was great to receive it from the longest companion of the team Mahesh.



Surely LSS, as we call ourselves is a rocking team and happy that I am part of the people that built with open, frankness, joy with so many jolly good moments of team outing, lunches, crisis situations, major releases, et al. I am sure the super cool Mahesh and team will go places if not in the same place but whatever they pursue. I hope to be a good member of the new team and contribute significant to the success of the team.

Grahapravesh Pooja

We did small family gathering in our new flat booked and did grahapravesh (aka house warming). It was hectic few days of preparations as ever supporting bros and sisters, cousins arrived only on previous day. But I could pull out with help of local friends. The priest was cool and informative even though there is language setback since he is fluent in Kannada, Telugu and Hindi and our family are into Tamil, English. I have to do the translator job even while in hotseat. Attached in the picture of the pooja.


Before you ask, we plan to have elaborate house warming function once we move into new apartment as the building has good open terrace with provisions for gazebo, seating arrangements, etc.

Engagement of cousin..

One of the happiest news in 2010, that my cousin could finally say that he liked someone and we all family went ahead in quick moves to confirm the alliance. The engagement was done on May 26.



With the action time coming in all 3 updates, hope the coming months will be more exciting and challenging.

Tailpiece: The Week starting May 23 is eventful one with accomplishing so many things, couldn't when Sunday dawned and am already in dusk of Saturday writing this update.

No comments: